Wednesday, April 22, 2009

American Idol - Top 7 Performance (Again)

I just realized that I didn't even post comments from the Top 7 elimination night, last week was a busy week for me. But as you all know...Matt was the pick to go home but the judges saved him. Big deal, marketing ploy, all it means is that two go home the next week.

Theme: 70's Disco Era

Lil': "I'm Every Woman" by Shaka Chan - I'm sorry, I was too distracted by her big round outfit to really evaluate the song. She still hasn't done anything to impress me but she definitely could have a career as a video ho vixen. I think the competition is getting to her because she just looks very unhappy. Lil's mom looked like she was about to straight jump on Simon.

Kris: "She Works Hard for the Money" by Donna Summer - I give him a major side eye when he said what song he was going to sing but I was pleasantly surprised when he started. I didn't even recognize the song until he got to the chorus which is a good thing in this case. He is really trying to step up his game. I really liked his version.

Danny: "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire - He is just really uncreative as compared to some of the other male contestants. I see he still insists on dancing....I can't deny that he can sing but he is no longer moving me.

Allison: "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer - I like how she switched up the stage, that's hot. I'm really feeling how she switched up the song to make it have more of a rock vibe. Aww, she looks so cute tonight. I greatly enjoyed her performance.

Adam: "If I Can't Have You" by Yvonne Elliman - I like how he is doing something a little more calm for once. He sounds great and does a good job and making you see and feel the emotion in his performance. He should go see a dermatologist though because his skin is kinda jacked up.

Matt: "Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees - I'm not sure what his goal was for tonight but I don't think he reached it. He was miraculously saved last week so he needed to come out and blow us out of the water and IMO he didn't. I do like him but between all the other artists that are out that are similar to him he doesn't really stand out.

Anoop: "Dim All The Lights" by Donna Summer - What is that mess on your face? You had such a good week last week, what happened? I am not feeling this on so many levels. UGH.

Who Should Go: Lil should get out of here because she seems to be getting worse each week. Anoop should also go because he looked and sounded a hot mess.

Tamara's Train of Thought:
-"You're inner goddess" ? What are you talking about Ryan
-You gotta love Paula and her crazy comments
-My husband thinks Danny looks like George Michael, LOL
-Why are they always calling something "overindulgent"? I feel like they are misusing the word. Look up the word and see if it makes sense to you
-The other contestants should take some tips from Adam
-Is Paula about to cry? Puh-leeeeeze
-LMAO @ Matt's friend in the crowd

No comments: