Wednesday, April 15, 2009

American Idol - Top 7 Performances

My DVR didn't record American Idol last night :( So I'm watching the videos that are posted on the American Idol website. This is probably going to result in my opinions being out of order but oh well. Stupid DVR! So I didn't get to hear the judges opinions or see any of the opening videos.

Theme: Idols at the Movies

Contestants:

Adam: "Born To Be Wild" - Wow he sounds and performs like he is already a professional. This is a song that I have always liked. I'm glad he didn't change it up TOO much, he definitely added his own twist to it which was great. That ending was crazy!

Allison: "I Don't Want To Miss A Think" - I love her voice but I still feel like she struggles with the pronunciation of some words. She blew that out of the water. If she gets voted off then these people are crazy.

Anoop: "Everything I Do" - I heard via twitter that he did good and I agree. Perhaps he should stick with the slower, love ballads instead of trying to do the more "hip" stuff. This is my favorite Anoop performance so far. I see he's not trying to be in that bottom 2 again.

Danny: "Endless Love" - A harp? LOL. To me this is a Luther song and I just can't really hear anyone else singing it. He started off weak but it got better towards the end. Why doesn't he have on his glasses? I thought those were his signature. I just noticed how much yelling he does, not as much as Adam but still. He's moving down in my rankings.

Kris: "Falling Slowly" - I don't know this song and I'm not really feeling this performance. Nope, don't like it. I don't really care if he sticks around or not, I've enjoyed some of his performances but he hasn't really been consistent in my opinion.

Lil: "The Rose" - OK, she has the long weave in today. I kind of want to see her do a more upbeat song. She has a great voice but I not a winning combination. This performance just didn't really do anything for me.

Matt: "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman" - Nope, don't know this song either. He tends to be over the top with his vocals. There were some nice parts to this song but nothing special.

Who's Going Home:
- I really have no idea. If I have to guess I'll say Lil but seeing as I've guessed wrong every single time, who knows.

Tamara's Train of Thought:
-I don't have much to say this week since I didn't actually get to watch the show. I do wonder why they picked THESE songs. I would love the chance to see what songs they actually had to choose from.

No comments: