Thursday, April 9, 2009

American Idol - Top 8 Performance Night

Theme: Songs from the year the contestants were born

Contestants:
-Danny: "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King - I kinda like this version. Not as much as the other version but he sounds good. I'm glad he did a lesser known version of the song so it didn't sound like a straight copy cat performance.

-Kris: "All She Wants To Do is Dance" by Don Henley - I don't think I know this song. I'm still not a fan of how he sings out of the side of his mouth. What is with him singing surrounded by fans? Didn't he do this a time before? He sounds straight but it is just kinda boring to me.

-Lil: "What's Love Got To Do With It" by Tina Turner - Tina is a hard act to follow and it didn't help that it came off as a karaoke version of the song. I mean did she watch the video and attempt to copy Tina's mannerisms? I need her to be more creative...this was not at all impressive to me, I expect more from her. She looks great though.

-Anoop: "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper - Ok...I'm not sure about this song choice. I understand that he knows what kind of artist he wants to be and I can respect that but I just don't really see it. He sounds great and I would like for him to stick around but there is just something about him that I don't think the majority of people like.

-Scott: "The Search Is Over" by Survivor - So he finally got out from behind the piano. I didn't know he played the guitar....this is a lot more interesting than any of his other performances have been but I still think he is the worst singer in the current bunch. Ohh nooo! That high pitched part was a MESS.

-Allison: "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt - She does look a lot older than 16. That was wonderful. I absolutely love her voice. I thought her performance was way better than Danny's. She just needs to work on her pronunciation.

-Matt: "Part Time Lover" by Stevie Wonder - He did his thing tonight. I don't know if I support those dance moves he attempted and he also does a bit much with his voice sometimes. Overall it was a great performance with some really outstanding parts to it.

-Adam: "Mad World" by Tears for Fears - They just need to go ahead and give him the title of American Idol. Enough Said.

Who Should Go:
-Based on talent...Scott should be out of there but knowing how the public votes it will probably be Lil.

Tamara's Train of Thought:
-Dammit Scott...put on some shades!!! I'm just going to drop it, for real, it just isn't going to happen.
-Wait, Scott isn't the oldest? He sure looks like he's the oldest.
-I think the judges kiss Danny's butt entirely too much.
-Isn't it kind of ironic that Scott sang about something being right before his eyes?
-There is so much I could say about Adam's video but I won't.
-Wow! I can't believe Simon actually gave someone (Adam) a standing ovation. That is huge.

No comments: