Wednesday, January 14, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Premiere

Last night was the premiere of the 8th season of American Idol. Who would have thought that this show would last this long? Not me, that's for sure! I love American Idol...it was a brilliant idea that has more than paid off. Even though not all winners have truly become "American Idols" the show just cannot lose when it comes to ratings. I figured I would share my opinions of the show as it progresses. Seeing as I'm writing this 1st American Idol post the day after I can't remember everything that happened last night so I'll just focus on the main things that I do remember.

The new judge: Kara or whatever her name is....my 1st impression is not a positive one. I thought she came off as stuck-up and although she has obviously had a successful career, NO ONE KNOWS YOU! She needs to calm down and let Simon handle the mean, stuck-up role.

Bad singers: As usual there were plenty of these shown but not AS many as in previous seasons. The judges also didn't seem to be as mean as they have been to some contestants in the past. I guess that whole suicide on Paula's lawn debacle may have caused them to change some things up. The thing that always gets me is the family members. You are DEAD WRONG if you let your family or friend go on national TV and straight play themselves. I'm not talking about these people that are super horrible and are just there to get attention. I'm talking about the people that just aren't GOOD but they really and truly believe they can sing. If you are my friend/family member and you think you can sing but I know you can't I'm going to go ahead and let you know that before you embarrass yourself.

Good singers: There were several people that I really enjoyed and hope to see them in Hollywood. There wasn't anyone that really stood out so I don't know if any of the top 12 were shown in this episode.

That's all for the review of this episode. I'll try to make the next one informative since I'll write the blog as I'm watching. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the episode in the comments section!

No comments: