Thursday, February 5, 2009

Music Review: Rihanna - Hatin' On the Club

I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with Rihanna. I truly don't believe that she is a good singer. I think her voice is weak and at times borderline annoying. That being said, I can't help but LOVE her songs! I am very confused by this, maybe it is due to the fact that she is forced down my throat by her media team or the fact that she does utilize talented producers/writers and therefore creates songs with catchy beats and lyrics. I can't ignore the fact that she dominated the charts in 2008 while simultaneously becoming a fashion icon.

Embedded below is a song of hers I recently came across on one of the (many) music blogs I read. I immediately liked it even though must of the comments on youtube have been negative. It reminds me of an old Motown song which is the main reason I like it. The beat is decent and the melody is catchy. Plus, I know there are a lot of women out there that can relate to the lyrics, LOL.

Take a listen and tell me what you think in the comments!

No comments: