Saturday, February 28, 2009

Movie Review - Friday the 13th (2009)




Friday the 13th (2009) - "Been There, Done That"



Starring: Nobody you'd really know. Pretty much a bunch of B and C and D list actors which is somewhat expected.



Synopsis: If you've seen any of the Friday the 13th movies then you should already know what to expect. A bunch of kids go out in the woods. There is lots of debauchery (sex, drugs, etc.) and then the killing starts. There was definitely plenty of killing going on this movie, just like there was in all of the previous movies of this series. That pretty much sums up the movie, but then again doesn't that sum up any standard horror film?



I learned by doing some research that this movie is supposed to be a remake of the first four movies in the franchise. I didn't know this until after I saw the movie but it was pretty apparent during the movie. They took key parts from each of those movies but put a more current spin on them. The movie was based in current times which made sense. You have to look at this movie as a new starting point instead of trying to fit it in with the previous versions. There were things I liked and dislike about this movie.

Likes: They showed how Jason got the mask. They stuck to the standard scary movie rules (slutty girls die first). They gave a little background on why Jason was doing the killing (but I kinda already knew that).

Dislikes: Jason ran! WTF?? Jason doesn't run, he just walks around and then appears behind someone and kills them. Also they had this thing with tunnels that I thought was strange.

Tamara's Take: Wait for the TV release

Unless you are just a really big horror movie/Jason fan then I'd recommend skipping this movie. I enjoyed it because I am both and it was actually a lot better than I expected it to be. I am still somewhat confused as to why they remade the movie in the first place (since it really added nothing new to the franchise) but that tends to be the trend nowadays. It seems like the movie industry is becoming more and more uncreative with all these remakes. When it brings in money I guess that's all that counts!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its not fun seeing scary movies if it isn't on the big screen!

Tam said...

I agree that the best way to see a scary movie is on the big screen but it can be fun to watch one late at night, curled up on the couch too.

Anonymous said...

Because I said so is a romantic and comedy movie. The movie is revolves around a woman Daphne ,Mother of three girls.Very interesting movie. Awesome movie. I downloaded this movie from the internet..
Watch Because i said so