Monday, March 2, 2009

Music Review - Album: "19" by Adele



Track Listing:

1. "Daydreamer"
2. "Best for Last"
3. "Chasing Pavements"
4. "Cold Shoulder"
5. "Crazy for You"
6. "Melt My Heart to Stone"
7. "First Love"
8. "Right as Rain"
9. "Make You Feel My Love"
10."My Same"
11."Tired"
12."Hometown Glory"

Tamara's Take: Heavy Rotation

Adele is a fairly new singer from Enfield, North London. 19 is her first of what I hope is many more albums.

Since the Grammy's it seems that people want to jump on the Adele bandwagon. I think this is a good thing since she is an awesome singer. I have had her album since it first came out. I stumbled upon her song "Chasing Pavements" on youtube and fell in love with it immediately! I love her voice and the lyrics of the song. You all know how big I am on lyrics and this album has some great lyrics. You can feel the sadness in her voice which allows you to connect with her and really enjoy the music. This is a sad cd, most of the songs are sad which for me is great because I love sad songs. If you're looking for some "pick-me up" music then you probably want to listen to something else.

Stand Out Tracks:

*Best for Last - (Wait, do you see my heart on my sleeve?)
*Chasing Pavements - (If i tell the world,I'll never say enough, Cause it was not said to you)
*Cold Shoulder - (These days when I see you, You make it look like see-through)
*Melt My Heart To Stone - (And I hear your words that I made up, You say my name like there could be an us)
*First Love - (This love has dried up and stayed behind, and if I stay I’ll be a lie)
*Tired - (and for what and for what and for what, when i don't get nothing back, boy I'm tired)

Songs on Repeat: Crazy for You, Right as Rain, Make You Feel My Love, My Same

Solid Tracks: Daydreamer, Hometown Glory

Skip It: I wouldn't skip any songs on this album!


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've had this for a while and still haven't listened to the whole thing; I'm bad about that. I love sad songs too though. I'll make it my business to listen to it at work tomorrow at least!

Tam said...

You better!