Wednesday, March 25, 2009

American Idol - Top 10 Performance

Theme: Motown - I would say this is my favorite theme, let's hope they don't mess it up.

Contestants:

Matt Giraud - "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye: He is going to have to get out from behind that piano...oh he just did, LOL. I don't think Marvin would like this....he does not sound good to me at all. He's just not sexy enough for this song.

Kris Allen- "How Sweet It Is" by Marvin Gaye : I still don't like the way he sings out of the side of his mouth. This isn't terrible but it isn't anything special either. He needs to put that guitar down because he isn't doing anything special with it.

Scott MacIntyre- "Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes: Oh hell to the naw....he is jacking up one of my favorite Supreme songs. This was terrible and he needs to go home.

Megan Joy - "For Once In My Life" by Stevie Wonder:I still love the sound of her voice but this isn't good. Just might be the nail in the coffin.

Anoop Desai - "Ohh Baby Baby" by Smokey Robinson: He sounds a lot better than I was expected. I just need him to step up his wardrobe and he might have a shot. His voice doesn't match his look which is really throwing me but he is singing the hell out of this song.

Michael Sarver - "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by The Temptations: He needs to get his walk together. It could have been worse.....he actually sounded really good at parts and he has been one of the most energetic performers tonight. Apparently the judges didn't like it at all.

Lil' Rounds - "Heatwave" by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas: I want to be her fan but I just am not. As compared to the other black women that have been on Idol she comes up short. It got better towards the end and I like the emotion. She definitely is far from the worst of the night. Why did she pick this song when it has been done by past contestants on this show that did it better?

Adam Lambert - "Tears of a Clown" by Smokey Robinson: OK I see the style. I think he is extremely EXTRA but it almost isn't fair for him to be on here because he pretty much blows everyone else out of the water every single week. He is the ONLY one that consistently switches the songs up and puts his own style on it.

Danny Gokey - "Get Ready" by The Temptations: He is good at choosing the right songs. People like stuff that moves them. He has a great voice I just think if he really starts to put his own twist on songs then he can take it to the next level.

Allison Iraheta- "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" by The Temptations: Now this is MY favorite of the night. She actually gave me chills...I would buy her album. She tore that DOWN.

Who is Going Home and Why:
-Megan....if the public has any taste in music then they will send her home. As much as I like her and would rather see Scott go, Megan was terrible this week and therefore should start packing her bags.

Simon's Quotes:
-"Right now you look like you are standing at the bus stop"
-"There was a line in the song...how much more can you take...."
-"Whoever is advising you should be fired"

Tamara's Train of Thought:
-"It sounds like a white guy doing Marvin Gaye" - my husband
-I never really am hearing what the judges hear I guess....
-Smokey is being too nice
-I thought that was just mediocre I don't understand all this praise
-LMAO @ Simon saying "Swagger"....won't that word just DIE
-I don't know what Paula expects Scott to do...dance?
-"You shoulda just did some Ray Charles" - my husband
-I don't know what that crayon stunt was all about
-Did Megan change her last name??
-When Randy says you're bad then it's a wrap
-The number of her fans has just drastically decreased
-Anoop has done the best so far tonight.
-What the hell was that Ryan?? Stop it.
-At least he is keeping his head up...I didn't think it was that bad...
-You just can't touch the scene from the Temptations movie when Eddie Ruffin comes and grabs the mic and sings "I know you wanna leave me"...that is one of the all time best movie scenes EVER!
-You better make them proud.
-I hope that Lil is around next week to show us what she really has.
-I think Adam just passed Anoop in the best of the night but I still like Anoop better
-WHO told Danny he could dance??? Stop it now.
-I guess they are going over so now they have to rush, the judges shouldn't waste so much time talking that bull.
-Why is Paula already standing up?
-You can't teach that....very true.
-What in the world is going on between Paula and Simon
-Okay, Allison was the best of the night.
-Stop kissing @ss Barry...I wonder if that is his girlfriend or daughter beside him....

No comments: