Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol - Top 9 Performance Night

Theme: Any Song that is a Popular Download

Contestants:
Anoop: “Caught Up” by Usher – Interesting choice of a song but not extremely surprising. I’m not feeling this or those faces he is making. Definitely not as good as last week for me. And once again he isn’t adding anything to the song. It is just a mediocre cover of the song.

Megan: “Turn Your Lights Down Low” by Bob Marley – OK, I had hung on to my hope that she would actually be the singer I thought she was but I’m done after she just ruined one of my favorite songs. SIGH. Oh well. I hope her fans stick by her or she will be outta here very soon.

Danny: “What Hurts The Most” by Rascal Flatts – I love this song. I think that he sounds good but I still want to see him to do something DIFFERENT. Something that will actually excite and amaze me. Right now he is just a good singer but nothing super special.

Allison: “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt – She is officially my favorite now. I’m not sure about that outfit but it suits her. She did this song a lot better than I thought she would. I hope she comes out with a sort of Rock/Pop album when she finally gets to release one. I’m still not convinced that she will win but she SHOULD be in the top 3.

Scott: “Just The Way You Are” by Billy Joel – SNORE. I’m not going to say anything other than I want him to go.

Matt: “You Found Me” by The Fray – I like how he changed the set up. I don’t know about this song choice for him though. He is killing that piano though. This is a toss-up, I don’t think he should have been in the bottom three last week and he really shouldn’t be this week either but we’ll see. I thought that was a great performance….apparently the judges didn’t agree.

Lil: “I Surrender” by Celine Dion – Really? She looks nice tonight. I think this is a better fit from her. You know they wanna see her type sing these big “powerful” songs. Dang the judges still didn’t like her song choice.

Adam: “Play That Funky Music” by Wild Cherry – I love how he switches up songs instead of just doing them exactly like the originals. This was WAAAAAY over the top but for some reason I still really enjoyed it. He is starting to grow on me.

Kris: “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers – This is one of my favorite songs it just touches my heart every time I hear it and this was no exception. He did a great job of switching up the song and adding his own thing to it. He is really trying to compete…I had counted him out but that was clearly a mistake.

Who’s Going Home?

-Megan SHOULD go home…I really wish it would be Scott but with these voters you never really know.

Tamara’s Train of Thought:
-I hope Scott does something upbeat because his other songs have been pretty wack.
-So Anoop is a brother? HAHAHA!
-I don’t know why people are booing the truth. Megan sounded terrible. Point blank period.
-Megan is starting to sound a little cocky which has turned me off from her even more.
-I’m starting to think that the judges are hyping Danny up a little too much.
-“It was like 2 snails competing with a race horse” – Simon
-Stop saying swagger Randy! Thanks!
-I still think Paula is on something because she seems to be talking crazy every night.
-Has there ever been a week where Scott wasn’t on the piano?
-LMAO @ that semi body roll thing that Adam was doing. He is the only real PERFORMER on this show.
-Simon correcting Kara about it being Studio 54 and not 57 was great.

3 comments:

eclectik said...

You're the best!

Love the recaps, you do them way better than I do

What are your top 5 fav shows right now?

e.

Tam said...

Why thank you. My top 5 favorite shows right now are:
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
Life on Mars (being cancelled)
Terminator
Medium

wow...it's so hard for me to choose just 5 but I think that is it.

coffee maker said...

Adam Lambert will sign with some kind of record company no matter what happens after this Idol season is over