Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol - Top 11 Performance

Since no one was saved last week there will be only 11 performances tonight.



Theme: The Grand Ole Opry (Country Music)

-Randy Travis is "mentoring" the contestants



Contestant Performances:

-I will bold who I think is going home.



Michael Sarver: "Ain't Going Down Til the Sun Comes Up" by Garth Brooks - I thought he ended it well but I did not like the song in general because it just seemed like he was talk/singing the whole time. I didn't show his "vocal range" as the judges would say. The crowd likes him so I don't think he did too much damage with this one.



Allison Iraheta: "Blame It On Your Heart" by Patty Loveless - I hadn't heard this song before but she just made me want to find it on itunes. She sounded great and I like how she kind of softened up her look for this performance so she didn't look out of place singing a country song. I'm really starting to like her, she might become my favorite if she keeps it up.



Kris Allen: "To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks - I didn't actually know this song until recently but I like the song, not his version so much. He does that weird thing where he sings out of the side of his mouth which really bugs me. I think he appealed to some young girls that see him as a "heartthrob" so he'll be around next week. Wow, Simon liked it so that is a great thing for him.

Lil Rounds: "Independence Day" by Martina McBride - Out of all the country songs you could chose, this one?? Really?? I'm very confused by this song choice. Of course she sounds good but I'm not feeling this song. I hope it works out for her though because I'd hate to see her go home. I thought the end was a lot better than the beginning. It is always best to end strong.

Adam Lambert: "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash - I don't like this version of the GREAT Johnny Cash's song. He has just turned it into something very strange. This is very Emo and completely over the top. I would be quite okay with him going home but I can't deny that he is a very good singer and performer so he probably will stay. I take that back, please get him out of here. I don't care what the judges think about him.

Scott MacIntyre: "Wild Angels" by Martina McBride - Boring....I'm so over him. I just don't connect with him as an artist. Yes, he has a good voice but he just doesn't have that "star quality" in my opinion.

Alexis Grace: "Jolene" by Dolly Parton - What is with her doing these cheating man songs? I really like her and this song. She sounded great and I enjoyed her version of it. Apparently there were some pitch problems but I didn't hear them. I thought the song was fitting and I hope the audience keeps her around.

Danny Gokey: "Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood - A crowd handclap? LOL. I like this song but he did nothing with it. Come on Danny, you can give us more than just singing a song pretty much the same way the original artist did. I still love his voice and he was my second favorite of the night so far. I still think he could have done more with country week than he did.

Anoop Desai: "You Were Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson - What does he have on? I need wardrobe to not let him out there with a hoodie on. This is alot better than last week. If he slide by with that terrible performance last week then he should sail right into next week with no problems. That wonky eye is still troubling me.

Megan Corkrey: "Walking After Midnight" by Patsy Cline - I really like her despite what anyone has to say. I just love the tone of her voice and the things she does with it. I would buy her album (as long as the writing was good) just based on how I feel about her sound. I think she looks great and did a good job with the song.

Matt Giraud: "So Small" by Carrie Underwood - Sometimes I like him and sometimes I don't. I think he did his thing on the piano, way better than Scott. I just still don't know if he has what it takes to make it all the way to the top of this contest





Simon's Quotes:
-"On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 1.2"
-"Lil' which is short for Little"
-"It came off as if you were one of those girls at a wedding that was forced to sing a song that someone requested."



Tamara's Train of Thought:
-Wow, Paula can barely talk nowadays. Has it gotten THAT bad??
-Randy T. gave Allison some props which is pretty big.
-Randy T. is starting to look pretty old even though he has clearly had some work done. His face is crazy tight.
-Why does Simon always try to play Paula? He is wrong for that.
-Wow, why did I just realize that Adele covered "To Make You Feel My Love", her version is better than what Kris did (although I think he kinda bit her version).
-It means so much when Simon says something nice because he doesn't throw out compliments left and right like the other judges do.
-Shut up RANDY, I can't stand him and the way he calls everyone "Dog". UGH
-I am not feeling that lipstick Lil but that dress is very cute.
-Simon is crazy! He doesn't even care that he was jacking up Lil's name.
-LOL @ Randy T's comments about Adam, he clearly is not a fan.
-"I don't see men wearing nail polish that often" - HA.
-Wow, I really don't know who is going home tonight. I know who I WANT to go home but I doubt that they will.....
-I'm going to say that Scott will go home but we shall see.

No comments: