Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol - 3rd Group of 12 Performances

Same rules as last time.....OH yeah, I didn't blog about the 2nd round...so sue me! I just didn't really feel like it. It's not like anyone reads this anyway other than my wonderful friend Tiffany.

Simon's Quotes:
"You're like a little hamster trying to be a tiger."
"The awful Olivia Newton headband"

Contestants:

Von Smith: "You're All I Need To Get By" by Marvin Gaye - Umm hells naw. I never liked this guy anyway. He is murdering a classic and needs to sit it down. And he is still being extra which is exactly what Simon told him not to do. STAY

Taylor Vaifanua: "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys - At least she's cute. There were some parts that were pretty but she sounded pretty flat for most of the song.

Alex Wagner: "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" by Elton John- He has a pretty good voice, too bad he isn't very attractive and he made it even worse with all of that awkward dancing. GOODBYE

Arianna Afsar: "The Winner Takes It All" by ABBA - Don't know this song and this version doesn't make me want to hear it either. She is cute but she has a weak voice and I just feel like it is lacking. She did okay with the big notes but if you can't perform the entire song then it doesn't really matter. Even her parents didn't look impressed. GOODBYE

Ju'Not Joyner: "Hey There Delilah" by The Plain White Ts - He should be eliminated because of his name...ughhh...people need to stop giving their kids these "exotic" names. I think I just don't really like him. He doesn't sound BAD but just not impressive enough to be someone I would consider an American Idol. Whaaaa??? You got a shot in your butt? TMI GOODBYE

Kristen McNamara: "Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman - What the hell does she have on? She looks completely different everytime I see her. She has been my favorite woman so far tonight but that isn't saying much at all. GOODBYE

Nathaniel Marshall: "I Would Do Anything for Love" by Meatloaf - Why would you do any song by Meatloaf?? Are you trying to make yourself an even bigger joke? This guy just bothers me. I hate those tacky ass headbands he insists on wearing. You look foolish!!! STOP IT. Arrrggg. If he stays around I might have to stop watching for real. GOODBYE

Felicia Barton: "No One" by Alicia Keys - Very attractive girl but I don't think this was the right song for her. I don't know what is up with people trying to sing Alicia Keys songs, it just isn't going over too great. She just ended up sounding a hot mess. The judges liked it..hmmm...well I am tone death. GOODBYE

Scott MacIntyre: "Madonlin Rain" by Bruce Hornsby - Put on some shades! He has a nice voice but I just can't get down with him. I think the stylist need to do something different with his hair. It probably doesn't help that I think this song was wack. I wonder if he get sympathy votes. GOODBYE

Kendall Beard: "This One's for the Girls" by Martina McBride - She sounds alright but nowhere near as good as the original. I think she looks nice though and that can get you pretty far in this competition. GOODBYE

Jorge Nunez: "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" by Elton John - The accent is completely throwing me which isn't really fair to him but it is. Still he is the best person so far tonight. He can SANG, those others are just singing. Plus he has that sexy latin thing going on. STAY

Lil Rounds: "Be Without You" by Mary J. Blige - I have loved all of her stuff thus far and this was no exception. I think she did take a risk trying to do MJB who is hard to match. Even though I don't really think MJB is THAT great of a singer and I enjoyed Lil's version. I really hope they keep her around but we know how these things often go. STAY

Tamara's Train of Thought:
-I don't even want to watch this anymore because it is just becoming painful.
-I've just decided that the judges are pretty much full of shit and I don't know what they are listening to.
-Simon is a FOOL!!!
-Where are all the good singers? Have they decided not to participate any longer?
-I'm still convinced that Paula is on something
-LOL @ Simon not even remembering who one of the contestants is

No comments: